Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's Saturday Morning!!! (Dynomutt and Blue Falcon)



Okay, so it's not really Saturday morning. The Saturday morning cartoon post had to be delayed due to my current, miserable work schedule that has forced me to spend my Saturday's confined to place of employment. However, rather than skip yet another Saturday Morning cartoon tribute post (as I was forced to last week), I decided to post it Sunday morning instead.
Anyhoo, enough griping over my work life. Behold! Hanna Barbera's Dynomutt and Blue Falcon!!!
Once again, Toynami crafted terrific six inch scale reps of HB superheroes; this go round it was none other than Radley Crown and his trusted, cybernetic canine counterpart...
Dynomutt and Blue Falcon are perfect additions to Toynami's other Saturday Morning Thundarr the Barbarian line.
While the level of detail is nothing compared to say, McFarlane or NECA's, Toynami did capture the cartoonish simplicity of the characters with what detail the did lend the figures...


This figure is one of my all time favorites. Like the Thundarr figures that I blogged about a couple posts back, Blue Falcon is one of those nearly forgotten characters of my early childhood that I thought would never be seen in action figure form...







"Evil doers! Look the hell out!"
Again, Toynami outdid themselves with their packaging art. I normally hate box sets (cumbersome, and a royal pain in the ass to store), but check out the way they took original background paintings from the series and incorporated them into the carton...