Sunday, March 15, 2009

This Week's Haul: Indiana Jones, Watchmen, And...The Mystery Box!?!

Fucks yeah! This past weekend was an all out Toy Fest here at MacBastard's secret underground lair. Yesterday morning I awoke to the sound of twin packages landing with a heavy thud upon my stoop and the door bell ringing. I found there the local mail lady, twin parcels at her feet, asking me to sign for a delivery confirmation. Hand trembling with excitement, I quickly signed, snatched up the packages, and dashed back into the apartment quicker than you can say "STOP THIEF"!
And what lay inside said parcels? Why merely a veritable treasure trove of 1/6th INDIANA JONES MADNESS THAT'S WHAT!
After a good month or two of debating which 1/6th scale Indiana Jones figure I'd be buying; Medicom's RAH, or Sideshow's 12 inch Indy, I finally opted to go with both. Luckily, I ended up snagging them on Ebay. Medicom's Indy cost me sixty dollars (a savings of close to 100 dollars if I'd ordered it through Sideshow's catalog), and Sideshow's Indiana Jones AND Rene' Belloque were bought in a single 100 dollar bid on Ebay as well (that's a savings of almost 120 dollars people. Dash MacBastard's Recession Busting Tips lesson #1: Always check Ebay first!).
Taking a spin over to K-Mart later, I found that the teensy weensy Hasbro Indiana Jones Adventure Heroes had been relegated to the clearance section. Each two pack had been marked down to $3.50. I picked up three sets. Loves me the Indy movies.
I was also pleasantly suprised to find that DC Direct had managed to crack the Toys R Us barrier and finally got their toys onto TRU's shelves. The Watchmen movie figures were there waiting for me, and I scored (Modern) Nite-Owl.
But wait. What's this...
Crammed into my Ebay packages was this unidentified, plain white mystery box...
My god! What the hell can it be!?!
Tune in next post to find out!

3 comments:

Razmanshah said...

WOW!!! You got medicom jones also!! Ah man....

Dash MacBastard said...

I just couldn't decide which one!!!
I've got a couple of gift cards for Sideshow's website and they've added the other Medicom Indy figures to their gift card elligible figures. So there's definitely more Indy figures to come!

deSMOnd said...

Bro, these are defintely a good score to you. Looking forwards to your review of 12inch Medicom and Sideshow Indy soon.