Sunday, August 2, 2009

DC Direct Justice Superman...

I decided to run with my recent ramblings of comic book inspired action figures and showcase some more heroes. What character epitomizes "superhero" more than the sole survivor of the planet Krypton himself, Superman?
Here is, in my humble opinion, the end-all-be-all action figure incarnation of The Man of Tomorrow, DC Direct's Justice version (based on the renderings of Alex Ross)...

DC Direct did a far better job fabricating the Justice version of Alex Ross's Superman, than they did of the previously posted, Kingdom Come version.


The one thing that I love about the way Ross illustrates Superman, is that he makes Kal-el look like somebody who can kick the ass of everybody else in the room...
Exactly the way he should be done.


5 comments:

LEon said...

This is one good looking superman. I always like Alex Ross drawing.

The Rebel said...

Exactly bro! The best Superman incarnation to me too! So much so, I actually had 2 of 'em at one point!!! :p

By the way, do you have Aquaman frm the Ross series?

Dash MacBastard said...

Rebel- Aquaman is on my "To Buy" list (another awesome Ross figure!!!).

The Rebel said...

That's gonna prove pretty elusive too Dash! I've been hunting for one too(albeit at a reasonable price) since it first came out!

Dash MacBastard said...

Rebel- I know! I had the chance to pick him up an a "reasonable" price when he first came out- should have bought him then. What he sells for on Ebay at this point is crazy!