Thursday, October 1, 2009

McFarlane's Movie Maniacs: THE FLY

Okay. So I decided that since Halloween is right around the corner, I'd spend the next month showcasing some of the horror based figures from my collection (don't worry. The reviews of Hot Toys T-700 and T-600 will happen, and I won't skip over any Mighty Muggs Saturdays).
First entry in the creepy cavalcade of putrid, plastic horror icons, is none other than poor, poor scientist-cum mutant freak Seth Brundle from David Cronenberg's 1986 remake of THE FLY. McFarlane Toys issued this figure as part of their Movie Maniacs line, way back in 1998...

I really miss McFarlane's Movie Maniacs line. They made some really nice figures. Wish they'd bring it back...









2 comments:

The Rebel said...

Jeff Goldblum's the man!!!

I only have the Crow from this series.....yeah, I too wish McFarlane wld continue this line.....

Dash MacBastard said...

Rebel- I miss the crap out of The Movie Maniacs line!
I started checking my local Wal-Marts yesterday for the AT-ST and the two DCU figures you wanted. No sign of them yet. I'll keep you posted.