Saturday, October 10, 2009

This Week's Haul...

Whew! Between this latest batch and my recent Hot Toys Terminator haul, I'm pretty much penniless for the next couple of months...
I ended up breaking down and picking up DC Direct's Dr. Manhattan. As much as I like Hot Toys, unless they issue more compelling (for me anyway) characters than Silk Specter and The Comedian, I may skip their figures (No Nite Owl, Hot Toys?????).
Score this one for 15 bucks on Ebay. That's 85 dollars less than SRP, Folks...
At 13 inches tall, he should look pretty good standing amongst my other DC Direct figures.

8 comments:

Little Plastic Man said...

Ohhhh...I see Storm Shadow and Cobra Trooper...can't wait for your review and I can't wait to get mine too...:)

deSMOnd said...

Great score for Storm Shadow..I was keen to get it but have to save money for the coming Marcus Wright and Cha Cha Asia..You spoke out for all collectors as we can skip lunch and dinner but not skipping the toys we like :P

The Rebel said...

Nice score Dash!!! Cobra!!!

And gettin that Doc Manhattan for a mere 15 bucks is unbelievable!!!! Congrats!

Asrul "iLham" Sany said...

Deymn... So jeles of you cause u got urself a Dr Manhattan..huhuhu
Congrat dude on the haul.
NICE!!!

Can't wait for Hot Toys' version
SURELY BUY!!!

Congrat again!!!

Dash MacBastard said...

Thanks, Gentleman! I'm totally happy with all three figures and pics and reviews of them will be up soon.

deSMOnd- It's true, I've been skipping lunch and dinner for a while now for the extra cash needed to pick these up. I just ordered Sideshow's Premium Format Indiana Jones too- looks like I'll be skipping out on breakfast as well!

deSMOnd said...

Dash, so there will be another round of meal skipping. no good for your health man..Haha!!

The Rebel said...

Dash, meal skipping is all part of the fun of being a toy-collector! Heheh....

Dash MacBastard said...

Rebel- true! Collecting figures is the ultimate weight loss plan!