Monday, August 2, 2010

Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th Imperial Stormtrooper Quasi Review

Okay. So overall, I'm pretty pleased with this one. There's the usual grumblings I make regarding the loose limbs Sideshow's 1/6th figures tend to have (making them nigh impossible to keep upright minus their included stands), but mostly, I'm loving my new Imperial Stormtrooper.
I mean really, what the fuck? Like I wasn't going to love it? It's a fucking Stormtrooper!
So here's the requisite packaging shots...


Yadda, yadda, yadda... sorry about the glare...

I found it interesting that the figure was produced in association with Hot Toys. I wonder to what extent they were involved in the figure's production. Hopefully, HT will show Sideshow how to make a decent rubber muscular body- then maybe we'll finally get a Temple of Doom Indiana Jones, Mola Ram, and maybe a goddamn 1/6th Zartan...



Check out this beautiful bastitch!









If you squint, you'll see one of the wee points of contention I do have with this figure- out of nowhere, comes this goddamn velcro belt. What the hell's up wit dat, Sideshow..?


Shelved with his armored, evil doin' homies...


No comments: